Do you know how to tell if you have low testosterone levels? More importantly, would you like to know how to reverse these effects?
In this post, I’m going to share 5 signs of low testosterone, and I’m also going to give you a strategy to reverse the effects of Low T.
There are 3 things you will gain from this article…
- You’ll know if you actually have low testosterone
- You’ll know which factors are holding you back
- You’ll know exactly what to do to fix these issues (whether it’s Low T or something else!)
Do You Have Low Testosterone Or Is It Another Problem?
Although all of the below are symptoms of low testosterone, there could be other underlying issues. There could also other matters holding you back such as…
Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. The solutions you’re about to learn will work for increasing testosterone naturally as well as tackle any other associated problems.
5 Symptoms of Low Testosterone
The symptoms of low testosterone are going to be evident as these areas have been gradually decreasing each year.
If you notice two or more of these symptoms, then chances are you do suffer from low testosterone levels:
- Lack of sex drive and desire (you’d rather watch Netflix instead of…)
- Decrease muscle mass (and more difficult to build muscle)
- Fat gain in certain areas (especially your stomach and lower chest…yes, man boobs!) and harder to lose fat
- Ambition and passion are gone down the tubes
- Mental clarity and ability to focus isn’t what it used to be
You and I are going to dive head-first into each one of these symptoms of low testosterone.
And even if you only experience one or two of these symptoms, I encourage you to read the entire article because these actionable items will show you how to naturally reverse the symptoms of low testosterone.
1 – Do You Lack of Sexual Drive and Desire?
Alright, let’s tackle this beast first. It’s the one that the toughest to admit, and us men, well, we just don’t want to talk about it!
Seriously though, have you lost it in the bedroom? Would you rather sit on the couch and eat potato chips watching politics or some sitcom than go have sex??
Of course not! But the fact is you may be content in doing so. And that’s the first symptom of low testosterone.
Now, there could indeed by other factors here. WebMd.com acknowledges these issues as well. And these are not necessarily related to low testosterone…
- You and your other half aren’t on the best of terms (or worse!)
- You’re just not attracted to your lover/partner (I know…you don’t want to sound like a complete jerk, but let’s be honest here…this can be a factor)
- You’re overly stressed
If these issues are not part of the equation and you’re either in a happy, fulfilling relationship or you’re just a content single dude but lacks sexual drive and desire, the solution is easy! I want to continue reading each point below, and implement the plan I have for you at the end of this article.
Did I hit a sore spot above? Okay then maybe you don’t suffer from low testosterone and it’s psychological, physical or mental.
Despite the reasons, I promised solutions for you, so here they are:
- Not on the best of terms with your significant other? Counseling can help, but that’s a bit cliche and doesn’t always work. What’s more apt to rekindle your relationship is simply spending time together, doing things together that you enjoy. Schedule a date night, or a weekend getaway, just the two of you. And start doing those things together that you did in the beginning.
- I’m just not attracted to him/her anymore… Okay, this can be a tough one, especially if you’re other half has let themselves go. The one thing you can do is start working out together. Even if they don’t have the same drive to hit the gym as you do, you can at least talk during walks or do Yoga or Tai Chi…something, anything, together! That’s a start!
- Overly stressed? If you’re overly stressed, I’m going to ask you to keep reading because the tips you’re going to learn in the other sections below are going to help with that too!
2 – Are You Losing Lean Muscle Mass?
If you’re losing lean muscle, there are three reasons why…
- You have low testosterone
- You’re not working out consistently
- You stopped working out altogether (or you’ve never really worked out…which is BAD!!)
If you’re not working out at all and you’re losing lean muscle, then you need to pay close attention! If you’re just not consistent, then you know now is the time to do something about it.
Losing lean muscle happens as we age, and it’s a direct sign of how to tell if you have low testosterone. Having lean muscle mass is the most important thing we can have! And if that sounds masculine or macho, then so be it!
Here’s how to solve this problem and increase your testosterone levels naturally…
- Set aside 3-4 days per week where you will dedicate at least 1 hour to the gym
- Schedule these times in your phone or whatever electronic device you use (set reminders if necessary)
- Have a plan before you enter the gym; know exactly what exercises you’re going to do
- Track your progress (strength gains, reps, body composition, etc).
**You can actually get a full workout program in this post: 10 Exercises That Increase Testosterone (With 2 Full Workout Plans)
3 – Is It Easier To Gain Fat (and harder to lose it)?
Gaining body fat is something that’s often blamed on age. Age does play a role, but only an indirect one. The usual cause of weight gain as we age is low testosterone.
If you’re not doing anything differently and you’re holding body fat in certain areas, then you could indeed have low testosterone.
Of course, if you’re not exercising and eating crappy foods, then that’s obviously part of your problem too.
Either way, I’m going to give you a solution that you can start today to reverse both low testosterone, and bad habits.
- The FIRST thing you need to do is clean up your diet (refer to my post 7 Foods That Increase Testosterone – I also give you a meal plan to follow here)
- Secondly, re-read #3! Start a workout program today, and commit to that schedule.
I wish I had some drawn-out new innovative scientifically proven answer that was just discovered on Mars…
But I don’t. Because there’s not one. And the answer really is that simple! You have to eat good foods (cut out the sugars and junk) and you have to move around (lift weights, exercises, walk, do Yoga, stretch…).
4 – Have You Lost Ambition and Passion?
The first 3 we just talked about are fairly obvious. But this one is something you may not recognize as a factor in how to tell if you have low testosterone.
It’s easier to experience ambition and passion when we’re younger because the stages in our youth are shorter. However, once we age, life can become more stagnant.
Here’s the thing about having elevated, or at least normal testosterone levels…
- You’re always looking for that next challenge
- You long for that excitement
- And if it’s not there, you’ll create it somehow!
If you don’t have some of that spark in you, then that’s a good indication that your testosterone levels aren’t up to par. MensHormonalHealth.com discusses this as a symptom of low testosterone as well.
So how can you fix this? Starting out in the gym will certainly help. And your approach to nutrition is a factor. We covered those, so I’m going to give you some more tips:
- Change your mindset on how you see every situation.
- If you’re at home, challenge yourself to think of ways you can improve your home (both the house itself, and the relationships within!).
- At work, start thinking outside of the box and come up with unique solutions for problems you or your teammates face.
- If it’s a little league, raise your hand to take the lead in coaching or helping.
These are attributes of having healthy testosterone levels but some of this is mental as well. As you exercise and eat better, taking these actionable steps will help you even more.
5 – Not As Sharp As You Used To Be?
I’m not going to go too deep into this once because mental decline and memory loss can be caused by a number of issues that are not associated with low testosterone. So I want to be clear about that.
But the decline of mental sharpness and ability to ‘think on your feet‘ is an indicator that you may have low testosterone.
What’s the solution? Well, here are some simple ways to help bring your brain back to life…
- Read. And read more.
- Learn a new language
- Learn a new skill
- Start a blog (kinda like this one…writing blogs are awesome because they require you to read and do research)
Start with one or more of these to trigger that ole noggin and get it back up to speed. You’ll be amazed at the ideas that will flow thereafter. Health.Harvard.edu talks about the importance of continuous learning to enhance brain function.
Putting It All Together: Reversing The Symptoms Of Low Testosterone
Here’s a quick recap of what you’ve learned…
- How to tell if you have low testosterone
- The 5 symptoms to look for
- Things you can start today to reverse the effects of low testosterone
Now I’d like to help you put it all together in an actionable plan. Follow these steps to give your testosterone levels a natural boost:
- Create an exercise schedule (one that you will really stick to)
- Incorporate weightlifting with my 10 exercises that increase testosterone
- Eat healthier foods like in my 7 test boosting foods
- Take charge of your life by stepping up and taking on new challenges, at work and home
- Make time for reading and learning to keep your brain sharp
- And of course, don’t forget about your bedroom life…spice it up!
**If you want an extra edge increasing your testosterone naturally, then read about my recommended top testosterone booster.